Summary

Footage Information

ABCNEWS VideoSource
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: MICHAEL JACKSON
06/25/1999
APTN
VSAP136075
TAPE_NUMBER: EN9925A IN_TIME: 10:57:50 LENGTH: 02:00 SOURCES: APTN RESTRICTIONS: music/ performance rights must be cleared FEED: VARIOUS (THE ABOVE TIME-CODE IS TIME-OF-DAY) SCRIPT: xfa JACKO CHARITY GIG HITS SOUTH EAST ASIA Story: Michael Jackson Location: Seoul, Korea Date: 21st June 1999 American pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON arrived in South Korea on Monday for a concert to benefit needy children. The American pop superstar landed at Kimpo International Airport in Seoul with his two children. Jackson will join other stars including MARIAH CAREY, BOYZ II MEN, THE SCORPIONS, VANESSA MAE, actor STEVEN SEAGAL and actress ELIZABETH TAYLOR in Friday's concert at Seoul's Chamsil Olympic Stadium. It will be Jackson's second concert in Seoul. His 1996 performance drew tens of thousands of fans from South Korea, Japan and other neighboring countries. Local reaction to the concert has been mixed. Some welcome the show as a humanitarian event to help needy children, especially those in North Korea, while others have criticised high ticket prices amid South Korea's economic difficulties. Tickets for the four-hour show are selling for up to dlrs 250 a seat, compared to up to dlrs 66 for local performers. Cheil Communications, the show's local promoter, said about 60 percent of the 60,000 seats have been sold. If all tickets are sold, the take will be 7 billion won (dlrs 5.83 million). About 80 per cent of the proceeds will be spent as tax and production cost while the remaining 20 per cent will be donated to needy children. A similar concert will take place in Munich, Germany on Sunday. Both concerts will be televised live worldwide. Proceeds from the shows, held under the banner "Michael Jackson and Friends - What More Can I Give", will go to the Red Cross, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization and the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund. SHOTLIST: PULL INTO MICHAEL JACKSON ARRIVING AT AIRPORT ; GVS MEDIA SURROUNDING JACKSON ; FANS SCREAMING ; CHILDREN OF JACKSON IN SCARVES CARRIED INTO CAR THROUGH CORDON ; FANS CALLING OUT JACKSON'S NAME ; JACKSON INTO CAR ; GVS FANS HOLD UP SIGNS FOR JACKSON ; VAN LEAVING ; FANS CHASING AFTER VAN ; FILE EXTRACTS FROM JACKSON PERFORMANCE ON STAGE?
Summary
}